Thursday, December 25, 2008

Merry Christmas!!!

I just wanted to post a few pics of Kyson's first Christmas on here, especially to share with my family who we were supposed to see today! I am still sad, but happy we can still come down in 5 days. Hopefully the weather will work out this time.

Over the last few days I was reminiscing over my Christmas childhood memories and remembering when my dad took us to Fairchild airforce base to see Santa fly in and we got to sit on his lap and I just remember Mrs. Clause too- her glasses and outfit. It was so much fun. I also remember one Christmas all 4 of us kids decided to sleep in one big bed in anticipation of Christmas morning. We didn't get much sleep that Christmas eve because we were talking and laughing all night. I remember going to family gatherings, especially on my mom's side of the family, where there were literally 40-50 relatives for the potluck dinner. The smell/taste of black olives always brings me back to those holiday dinners! I remember how good the food was, how full I got, and how much fun I had playing games and watching Christmas movies!

I hope everyone can enjoy their Christmas where ever they are and truly remember all the important things of Christmas- family, Christ, giving, love, and of course, good memories!

2 comments:

mikensi said...

did he play w/ the wrappers more than the presents? kids love that stuff. cute pics! his cheeks are soooooo squishable! he'll probably be like.. 10 when i meet him and hopefully i won't have the urge to squeeze them.

mikensi said...

welllll.. i still want to move to colorado! the -10 degree weather doesn't scare me away! az is toooo hot! i'd rather deal w/ cold than hot! especially when it comes to dry climates. anyway- jimmy's applying to byu, university of utah, and colorado state for grad school. i doubt you want to move to utah, so maybe you shouldn't count on us, ha ha! we want out of utah SOOOO bad! after grad school we are hoping he lands a job in DC. where we'd live forever and ever. at least until he retires. or maybe he will get to relocate every 3 years. that'd rock! anyway- blah blah blah. where you guys moving to? you should come visit in july when i have my baby! ok, make that august, lol. our babies will be half-asian pride babies!